Re: restoring interior vinyl

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: restoring interior vinyl
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 06:37:32 -0800 (PST)
--- bernd <bernd.vabeach@erols.com> wrote:
> Paul who makes Formula 303?

A company called "303 Products" - ww.303products.com

But I buy mine from a local detail and paint supply
company.  It's dynamite stuff.  303 also makes a
fabric convertible top cleaner that is the best I have
ever used - hands down.  If you have a canvas top (my
MGB has a vinyl one, but the Alfa's is canvas) I
highly recommend it.  My tan Alfa top was all blotchy
and stained from sitting under a tree for a while, and
the 303 top cleaner got it looking brand spanking new
with very little scrubbing.

I got turned on to the 303 protectant when I read
somewhere that Disney World uses literally tons of the
stuff to pretty up and protect any plastic trim that
bakes in the Florida sun all day.  It has an awesome
sunscreen, and again, the finish is very natural.
It's shinier than using nothing at all, but to my
eyes, the subtle satin finish it provides is just
perfect.  The interior looks exceedingly clean, but
not "wet-shiny", you know?  Those high-gloss
protectants always look a little cheesy to me.

Give it a shot and see what you think!

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005