Re: MG weddings

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG weddings
From: KGROWLER@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 16:35:53 EST
My wife and I were married in 1993 and had an MGB limousine for the occasion.
Dino Perez had pretty much finished the stretch MGB that he and Tom and Jon
Josefek had built earlier that summer and kindly chauffered us around the
western suburbs of Chicago for the big day. It got rather chilly in the later
stages of the October afternoon - he did put up the new extended top he had
just
made, but there were no longer cranks in the doors to put up the windows and he
had not yet connected the electric winder motors. Plus he had not yet made the
custom snap-in sections to go between the front and rear door windows.  But
it made for some treasured photographs of us in and with the car and it looked
sensational parked under the front door canopy of the hall where we had our
reception. Certainly let our friends know they were in the right place as they
pulled up. Dino never wanted to get into having to get a chauffer's license and
the appropriate insurance to use the car for such events on a regular basis,
so as far as I know, to this day it was the only use of a stretch MGB limo in
a wedding. We got together with a bunch of longtime friends at a pub yesterday
for lunch and after 10-plus years, it still got mentioned in conversation
that they remembered the limo at our wedding.

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, Illinois, USA