return from London

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: return from London
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 16:43:22 -0700
I have just returned from a week long absence from the list. Nothing
unusual about that but this time, rather than being off to some remote
backcountry, I was off to London. It was my first trip to London in almost
thirty years and once again I was out looking at cars among other things.
During the week, I didn't see very many LBCs at all, except for Minis. I
saw 3 BGTs, a Triumph (possibly a TR250 but it was dark and I only saw it
for a few seconds passing by), and as I mentioned, maybe ten or so of the
original Minis.

I took a lot of digital pictures even though it was perpetually overcast
during my week there so the pictures were not as sharp as I would like.
I'll post them sometime soon but I did make a quick webpage with the few
car shots that I got:

http://www.imt.net/~dcouncil/mg/london.html

Perhaps I'll get a chance to throw in some observations. I gained a much
better understanding on why a British sports car was a popular means of
transportation and why huge American battle cruiser cars are a scarce site
there. But time is limited, more later....

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B