What I don't know about carbs.-long, sorry

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: What I don't know about carbs.-long, sorry
From: BarrMark262@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 21:08:46 EST
Please educate me.
I am only able to start the engine on my project 74B with the choke
completely activated. As soon as the choke is pushed in, the engine dies.(
Engine and
carbs rebuilt by the "pros.")
I even installed a second set of carbs that I own, and had the same results.
Either I have neglected to hook up something, or I have 4 bad carbs. Do you
need the carb/dist vac advance line connected? Do some or all of the emission
lines need connecting? Does the accelerator cable as well as the choke cable
need connecting?

I pour gas into the carbs, even starting fluid, and I still cannot start it
with out the choke handle fully extended.
I  was able to static time the engine, I have a good spark, but for some
reason I can't get fuel to keep flowing well enough to keep the engine running.
When I disconnect the fuel line to check the pump gas flowws beautifully.

Please tell me what to look for next. I have really tapped hard on the carb
floats on all 4 carbs, but it did not seem to help.

Thanks, and sorry again for the length.

Dennis Barr
Medford, Oregon