Re: 6 MGB GTwiring questions

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Dan Furbish" <Barn.Owl@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: 6 MGB GTwiring questions
From: "larryrex" <larryrex@awesomenet.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:43:40 -0600
 For a new stock one ask PPP
 home made maybe the best way to go is ask a fellow lister
 such as frank make you one up.
 go with the ford alt or any single wire alt.

Hello MG listers,

I have had my 68 MGB GT undercover in a small garage and up on
blocks for about 2 years. I run it few months or so, it fires right up.
It's all stock accept for the T9 5 speed.

I have 6 questions I hope you all can answer for me.
1. Which company should I buy a Quality wiring harness from? 1a. approx. cost?
2. Is it 'relatively' easy to install by a new car mechanic? who has agreed to
help me.
3. Should I take the seats and carpet out to make it easier?
(I'm planning on  taking these out anyways to clean the floor pan area etc).
4. How long does it 'normally' take to do a neat job?
5. What harnesses should I replace?
6. Do you suggest I incorporate a 4 blade type fuse block? If so where should I
purchase such an item?

Respectfully.

Dan
Barn.Owlatverizon.net