RE: Window Glass Stopper

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Window Glass Stopper
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:07:51 -0500
Are these the felt pieces that you are talking about?  If so, I think that
they are near the middle of the glass mounted to the bottom of the door.
There is a small bracket in there that attaches via a couple of screws that
holds the stops.  On the top of the bracket are a couple of "teeth" stamped
into it that you push into the felt, and it acts like a bumper.  If you look
underneath the door (laying on the ground looking up) you will see two
Pozidriv screws about an inch apart, near the middle of the door, these are
two of the fasteners that hold the glass stop bracket in place, I think
there is another one or two behind the door panel.  It's been a few years
since I paid any attention to these things but I think that this is what
you're looking for.

James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8
71 MGB Tourer