Santa Cruz (CA), motorhead dinner

To: mgs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Santa Cruz (CA), motorhead dinner
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 01:34:19 -0800
Santa Cruz Area Race Enthusiasts
The last Tuesday of the month
7PM - whenever.
Next meeting at Charlie O's, Feb 24, 2004

Years ago I used to instigate a monthly "beer and benchracing" social
get together in the Santa Cruz mountains. I called it SCARE, Santa
Cruz Area Race Enthusiasts. The tagline was "No dues, No don'ts just
beer and benchracing". I've decided to try to start it up again as
there are a lot of racers and motorheads in the Santa Cruz area.

I haven't worked out all of the details yet, but my inclination would
be to have it in Scotts Valley on the last Tuesday of the month. Meet
at 7PM which should be late enough for the folks who work "over the
hill" and still early enough for dinner. I haven't picked a place yet,
I'm open for, actually soliciting, suggestions. I'm leaning towards
someplace in Scotts Valley. I'd like decent food, not too pricey,
preferably with decent beer available, and quiet enough that people
can talk.

I've decided to hold the first one at Charlie O's. It is in the King's
Village shopping center, behind Nob Hill and the movie theater on
Mt. Hermon Road. They've got decent food, a bar, and a pool hall
upstairs.

For the purposes of this group, "Santa Cruz Area" is anyone close
enough to to join us, whether you're riding from Felton or
Fresno. Race Enthusiast is defined as anyone who would want to meet a
bunch of racers for dinner, beer and/or socializing. I don't care if
your preference is two wheels, four wheels, hulls or wings, asphalt,
dirt, water or air.

I'll try to keep http://red4est.red4est.com/scare/ up to date with the
details.

--