Honk honk

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Honk honk
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 04:25:55 -0700
So from the tons of stuff I have stashed in various places around the planet,
I dig out an MG horn switch, and list it on ebay, item #2460492473

It looks a lot like the horn buttons I see on mid 60s, early 70s Triumphs,
except for the MG logo, of course.  The logo is nicely done, raised silver
MG letters fitted into an octogon, with a rich red background, and covered
with a clear plastic resin of some sort.

I've gotten a couple of questions about it, which I can't answer.  I assumed
it was from the same era as the Triumph units that are so similar in design,
size and construction.  I dug through what books I have on Lucas stuff, and
the part number for the switch I have, 33572, doesn't crop up anywhere in the
MG listings for 65 on.

Does anyone recognize the part number or the switch?  You can also see it at
http://fatchancegarage.com/ebay/mg_horn_push.jpg

The current bid is only a dollar and the auction ends friday night, so no
big deal, I'm just curious.

mjb.
----

ps: Also see