Re: starter

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: starter
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 08:41:34 -0600
    Hay Max 'n Rich,

    I've removed both the older and newer starters from several Bs.  I've
had to remove the dizzy in order to get the older starter to move far
enough forward to come out but I've never had to remove the slave
cylinder.  My method is to move the starter far enough forward, while
lifting the free end, so that it's snout clears the front of the
flywheel housing, lower the snout towards the ground and slide it down
and out.  This has worked fine on both CB and RB Bs.

    Cheers,

     CR