POR-15 and Eastwood Rust encapsulator products -- Chassis Coat

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: POR-15 and Eastwood Rust encapsulator products -- Chassis Coat
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:16:16 -0500
Anyone have any experience with using the POR-15 Chassis Coat Black on
top of the POR-15 rust encapsulator paint AFTER the POR-15 has hardened?
More than several days I guess.

I called the POR-15 site tech help and they kind'a say that you must use
their tie coat primer over the POR-15 if it has hardened, before you use
their Chassis Coat Black. But then they kind'a hedge on it, saying well
it'll probably work to use the Chassis Coat Black directly on top of the
hardened POR-15 rust encapsulator (the POR-15 semi-gloss is a couple of
weeks old). Sometimes I get they feeling they try to sell you one of
everything they have.

Anyone have any experience with using Chassis Coat Black directly over
the POR-15?

Also, what about the Eastwood Rust Encapsulator and their Chassis Coat
Black. They don't seem to mention the hardening time limitations, and
the POR-15 guys seem to think that Eastwood's Chassis Coat Black will
work on top of POR-15 and visa-versa. Feels like POR-15 trys to sell me
one of everything until I start talking about using Eastwood
competitor's products and then suddenly everything is compatible with
everything else.

Gets real confusing.

Don Malling