RE: POR-15 and Eastwood Rust encapsulator products -- Chassis

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: POR-15 and Eastwood Rust encapsulator products -- Chassis
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:53:31 -0600
> Anyone have any experience with using the POR-15 Chassis Coat
> Black on
> top of the POR-15 rust encapsulator paint AFTER the POR-15
> has hardened?
> More than several days I guess.

My understanding is that if you wish to topcoat POR-15, you have four
choices:

1)  Do it while the POR-15 is still tacky.

2)  Spray on some primer while the POR-15 is still tacky, and then
topcoat later.

3)  Wait until cured and use their Tie-Coat product.

4)  Wait until cured and scuff sand it per the instructions.