Re: Revolution wheels on ebay

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Revolution wheels on ebay
From: kmwheeler@ualr.edu
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:22:36 -0600
Paul Root <proot@iaces.com> wrote:

>What do people think about these?

Revies, yum!  Gotta love the 4 spoke wheels.  Minilite reps are everywhere,
but revies?  Not that I dislike minilites, they look good on Steph's TR8,
but the revies look so clean to me, the elegant design sophistication
of purpose built race machinery.

>So are these street legal? The guy makes it sound like they might be

The answer is...maybe.  Revolution makes "sport (street), race, and rally"
wheels.
Problem with race wheels is they don't suffer impacts kindly, even though
I don't know enough about the different revies to say.

The fellow that does (in the US) is named Tom Tatalovich (or something like
that).  He runs TT Racing Services and is the US distributor.  Check
out www.ttrsracing.com.  I have no connection other than the fact that I've
met Tom at a couple of rallies where he was selling wheels and he seems
to be a nice bloke.  You want classic four spokes for your 'B? He's got 'em
(or can get 'em). 8" wide wheels for your autox Midget?  10" wide for your
super serious machine? Yep.  And he can speak Brit car.

If I wasn't a poor grad student, I'd buy a set.

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary