Misfire cured! finally

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Misfire cured! finally
From: dave houser <mgs4dave@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 14:18:28 -0500
Let's see, back in Oct. I asked for advice on a low speed/high speed
misfire I was experiencing in my 67 BGT. Well, I can report now, March
2004 that I solved the problem finally. Those who mentioned plug wires
take a bow, Dave and Mike.
Why has it taken this long? Must be the first Florida winter I just went
through. Was going in 20 different directions doing other things that I
previously wasn't able to do in the winters up northern NY. but last
week I bid and won a set of new Bosch plug wires from Ebay, grabbed a
later model plug-in cap from my shelves and hooked things up. Started up
and immediately noticed smooth idle running. Got on the road,
anticipating the miss would happen and lo and behold, it just pulled
smooth as can be. What a difference and what a handicap it was running
under all that time.
So, Just wanted to report back to any other listers who might be having
the same prob., substitute new wires.
cheers,
dave(slowpoke) houser