Re: Rebuilding 1974 Mg Midget

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rebuilding 1974 Mg Midget
From: MGBnutt@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:46:22 EST
Anecdotal evidence on the list points to keeping the stock SU carbs on your
MG.  They work well enough unless you are trying to squeeze the highest
horsepower (i.e., racing) out of that tiny engine.  Plus, there's the advantage
of
not needing different manifolds or linkages.  (Although you didn't specify if
you thinking of downdraft or sidedraft Webers?)

I have two uncles who both drive late 60's MGB's (one as a daily driver) and
they both recommend keeping the stock SU's.  Once adjusted properly, the SU's
give the most bang for the buck.  Just make sure you replace the worn throttle
shafts in the carburetor bodies when you do your rebuild.

donny v
1978 MGB

In a message dated 3/14/2004 11:50:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,