RE: starter

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: starter
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 23:49:16 -0500
We went through this on the bugeye for a long time.  No amount of oil or
cleanliness lasted more then a few days.  It turned out that a section of
wire had broken off of the coils inside the starter.  I soldered the chunk
back on and the thing worked like gangbusters, and still does, after three
years.

James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8
71 MGB Tourer