Re: MGA Master Cylinder

To: List MG <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGA Master Cylinder
From: David Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:15:56 -0600
Mike,

It is probably the seals and quite possibly the bores.  Mine did the
same thing and when I went to rebuild it I honed the bores and put in
new seals and it worked.......for one year.  I sent it to White Post and
Billy called me back and said the bores were oversize....too much
honing.  I only got rid of surface goop.  Over the years repeated honing
had enlarged the bores.  They resleeve and make new pistons.  Going on 3
years and no more problems.  It cost some $$$ but it's better than
ruining a paint job and not having brakes!  At least in the Bugeye it
only leaks into the pedal box not all over the scuttle deck.  No
financial interest....etc.

Good luck,
Dave
59 :{)