Re: Red Warning Lite

To: paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk
Subject: Re: Red Warning Lite
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:13:19 EST
To All,
On the later models of MGB those cost cutting wizards at B/L- MG decided to
replace the Voltmeter with an aptly named "idiot light" that I suppose will
warn us of a cataclysmic failure of the cars charging system. When? When its
too
late, that's when! Best thing to do IMHO is to put in a Voltmeter or Ammeter
and have a constant read on your cars charging system. British cars are
especially prone to sudden battery problems or failure of the charging system.
After
the last time my battery system went Blewie! I said enough is enough and
shelled out the $40 or so it costs to buy a gauge and $15 bucks for the bezel
mount it in.
 (Hint! find a place that is completely clear of getting bumped or hit with
your knee or leg. Also try to find a bezel thats made of a cast aluminum or the
like, so you're less likely to cut your self if you suddenly bump it or get
into an accident.)
Albert Escalante
1978 MGB & 1977 Jaguar XJ6-L
Central Coast British Car Club (Ca.)