Re: angle drive

To: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Subject: Re: angle drive
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:13:00 -0600
   Guys, I had a almost new cable fail while I was on the trip to NoCal
a couple of summers ago.  It failed at the bend behind the speedometer
and froze in the housing.  This resulted in the nylon drive gear in the
tranny breaking.  One can find a cable fairly easily but finding the
drive gear is another matter when you're on the road.  Don't discount
the utulity of the speedo angle drive.  All the failed cables I've seen
have failed at the speedo end.  That's a tight bend behind the speedo.

   If you don't have OD in your B, you can use the OD cable which is
longer than the standard.  With it, you can make a wider radius curve to
the tranny drive fitting.

  I have a right angle drive on my tranny but not the one for the
speedo.   They seem to be getting scarce. I also have a spare angle
drive for the tranny.  If anyone has a good speedo-end drive they want
to swap, let me know.

   Cheers,

    CR