RE: angle drive

To: "'Paul Root'" <proot@iaces.com>
Subject: RE: angle drive
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 00:56:28 -0500
They do relieve stress, you can eliminate them both by choosing one of the
longer cables, but I don't remember which years are the long ones.  The one
behind the dash is nothing but problems and can usually be removed without
issue.  The one on the tranny is less problematic and is very useful for
installation; among other things, it allows the cable to run parallel to the
transmission and come through the tunnel hole a little more cleanly.

They are both 1:1 boxes so there is no change in indicated speed by leaving
them out, and I would say that if you have the cable in and the speedo isn't
too bouncy that you leave it that way.

James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8
71 MGB Tourer