What type welders please?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: What type welders please?
From: BarrMark262@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:09:28 EST
Hi List: Like many of you, I seem to be writing checks a lot to body and
paint shops for repair and painting until I am "upside down" on my projects
before
I even start.
I may be a fool, but I really am going to learn how to "weld" and paint.
I picked up a book on welding basics today, and in a quick read it seems that
oxy/acetyline "gas welding" might be easier for me than arc or mig.
I won't be doing a lot, but it would be nice to have a single system that did
both cutting and "welding" as needed on our cars.( I hope that is how I
understand the use of tanks and torches.)
Any advice is most welcome as to the best choices given limited use.

Thanks
Dennis Barr
Almost finished CB74 with a 66 waiting in the wings.