Re: What type welders please?

To: BarrMark262@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What type welders please?
From: MGBnutt@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 00:26:44 EST
Dennis,
Good question, as I am looking to learn to weld also.  (There's a few rusty
spots on the "B" that will need to be fixed.)  A quick search of the web
suggests a 115 volt wire welder or MIG welder is the way to go.  MIG allows a
neater
weld with less splatter, but an inexpensive wire welder would seem to be
sufficient for use on the MGB's mild steel.  I don't know about oxyacetylene,
but
my (ex-rally car driver) SAAB mechanic says a wire welder is so simple "a
monkey could use it".  Perhaps some other listers will have advice on using a
torch for cutting.  In any case, let me know what you decide to get.

Donny V
1978 MGB
1989 SAAB 900S
2002 SAAB 9-3 SE

In a message dated 3/23/2004 8:10:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,