Was Tach Attack, now Car ads...

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Was Tach Attack, now Car ads...
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:26:34 -0800 (PST)
--- Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com> wrote:
> On the subject of awful ads, there were several in
> the latest Road & Track
> that had me grinding my teeth...

How about the GREAT ads?  Has anyone seen the one for
the Nissan Sentra that is sort of a "mafia hit" theme,
but it's young guys with water balloons?  With the
operatic theme song as the only sound?  I love that
one.

But in terms of history, my all-time favorite is the
ad for the original Volkswagen GTI, which was sung (in
German) to the tune of "Little GTO".  While the cars
were sliding around and jumping over dales, the song
was belting out: "Kleiner GTI, du siehst prima aus.
Ich liebe dich zu fahren, hol' die leistrung 'raus..."

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005
A vintage driving event in the spirit