inverted oil filter adapter installation

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: inverted oil filter adapter installation
From: "Paul T. Root" <ptroot@horton.iaces.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 20:25:38 -0500
Hi all,
        I got the new adapter from David Deutsch last
Wednesday. Thanks, David! Sorry I didn't email sooner,
I was fighting the change email thing all week. Anyway,
I got it installed right away. But I wasn't sure if
everything was right. It didn't seem to leak while
running. But there was definately new oil on the block
underneith later on. And there was a hiss pop that
happened under the hood on shutdown, that I didn't
see.

        The weather turned cold and life happened. I
didn't get back out to the garage until tonight. I did
a few other things on the car, and let it idle. Once, up
to operating temp. I shut it down, and ran to under the
hood and waited. Sure enough the hiss pop comes right at
the tip of the adapter to block point. And some oil.

        So I didn't get the O-ring right. Any hints on
doing that right?

        Oh, and it looks like the freeze plug/expansion
plug whatever right above it is seeping. Advice on that
job?

        Hmm, what else? Not sure. But there are plenty of
little projects for the summer, plus body work. Hope I have
time this summer to do them.

Paul.

--
Paul T. Root            - CCSA, CCSE, CCNA
600 Stinson Blvd, Fl 1S PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155