MGB at Auction for Charity

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB at Auction for Charity
From: "Rick Brown" <mgrick@mgcars.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:26:42 -0400
I received the following and forwarding to the list in case anyone is
interested in bidding:

Dear MG Enthusiast,

I have donated my 1975 MGB to the Katonah Museum of Art.  The car will be
sold at auction at the museum's 50th anniversary gala that will be held the
evening of April 24th at the Chelsea Piers.  Appropriately, the car is also
a 50th anniversary edition and is so indicated on the dash.  It is a red
convertible with a new black top, a tonneau cover and a storage bag.  The
car is in very good condition, new seat covers, unblemished interior, etc.
and all mechanicals are in working condition.  It has dual carbs and drives
like a charm.  It has been garaged for the past several years and the body,
though not perfect, is in excellent condition.

In order to make the car available to MGB lovers in the area we are
accepting fixed and final bids for the car in advance of the gala.  The
highest bid will open the live auction and if no one beats the price the car
is yours.  To place a bid contact Gina Marcus at the Katonah Museum of Art
(914) 232-9555 X2968.  If you would like to learn more about the vehicle or
see it in person where it is garaged in Pound Ridge, New York , contact me,
Steve Silberstang, at 914-764-4543.

I've donated this car to a good educational charity but it still breaks my
heart to part with it, so, I'd like to see the car go to someone who will
appreciate and care for what has been my fun car for the past six years or
so.

Also, if you have access to an appropriate WEB site or mailing list please
feel free to circulate.  We at the museum would appreciate this greatly.

Automotively yours and cheers,
Steve Silberstang

Steve Silberstang
stang5@optonline.net <mailto:stang5@optonline.net>