Re: lead substitute fuel additive

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: lead substitute fuel additive
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:14:48 +0100
Certainly goes along with my experiences in the UK where running 'standard'
unleaded with an octane booster gave markedly worse results than 'super'
unleaded without.

But if they *did* raise octane, then you *could* advance the timing with a
given grade of fuel without getting pinking, which *will* increase
performance.

As far as using a valve seat protection additive in an engine with hardened
seats goes it is doing nothing except costing you money.

PaulH.