RE: water pump 77MGB

To: "'MG list'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: water pump 77MGB
From: "Larry list account" <list@marketvalue.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:55:49 -0600
> Anyway, he did some work for me and says that the
> water pump is going out.  He was going to charge me
> $150 to put a new one in.

How does he know it is 'going out'?  Is it leaking?

> So, the question is, how hard is it?

Easy.

> ...so if I can get it done in under
> say 2-3 hours, I'd like to try.

Go for it.

> Lastly, should I be driving the car at all???

Is it leaking?  Do I sound like a broken record?

If it is, you better stay close to home and carry extra coolant; and plan to
change the pump right away.

Here's info you didn't ask for, but I feel compelled to write.  If your car
temp gauge is above Normal don't worry about it.  If you look closely at the
gauge you'll notice the "C" and "H" positions have a broad white bar.  If
the needle is sitting on the H (broad white bar) then I'd worry.  If the car
is boiling over, as in "spewing" coolant, I'd worry.  Otherwise drive the
car and have fun.

Larry Hoy