Re: Clutch release bearing

To: Howard Battan <battanhr@comcast.net>, "'MG list'"
Subject: Re: Clutch release bearing
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:10:01 +0200
This has been a flame some time ago.
If memory serves me right, the graphite bearing type (standard) was the most
favourable.
Although the ball bearing may look best, some listers had difficulty with
centering it, where the bearing got stressed all the time and wore out
quickly.
The normal bearing has some side "play", so leaving no mechnical stress.

I'm sure the archieves can help you in detail.

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT with the standard bearing