Re: Stapler for Vinyl Replacement.

To: "David Macedonia" <david.macedonia@verizon.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stapler for Vinyl Replacement.
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:09:56 -0700
I have an Arrow T-50 stapler that works very well.  It is a big mother and
sort of explodes the staple into the wood. You squeeze it down and then it
goes "kerboom"  (or maybe it is "phatang") and drives the staple in with
real force.   As I said it is big - much bigger than the usual.  Actually
when I come to think of it the people recovering my sofa were using one in
the workshop!!!  Look in a tool shop!!

At 07:28 PM 4/22/2004, David Macedonia wrote:
>Listers,
>
>I'm recovering the door waistrails of my '66B with new vinyl and have
>determined that it is impossible to get standard 3/8" X 1/4" staples (Arrow
>T50 style) into the wood without them bending. Apparently, the wood is very,
>very hard, and I can't get enough downward pressure with the manual stapler.
>The original staples are much smaller at 3/16" X 1/4". Does anyone know of a
>pneumatic stapler that handles such a small staple?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Dave

Regards
Barrie