RE: '64 & '73 MGB Title and ID plates for sale

To: "'MG list'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: '64 & '73 MGB Title and ID plates for sale
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 19:30:34 -0700 (PDT)
--- James Nazarian <jhn3@uakron.edu> wrote:
> I don't think that there is an ethical issue here,
> as your motives are honest <snip>
> The fact of the matter is that selling the vin
> and docs is illegal, even though the reasoning
> behind it is just.

Without trying to beat a dead horse too badly, how is
the reasoning behind selling a VIN and title "just"?
Other than finding an oddball collector who wants to
frame a title and hang it in his office, it seems to
me that the only reason to sell a title and VIN plates
is to enable a buyer to use them on another car.

Which is hugely unethical.

I am NOT saying that the seller in this case is
unethical, or had anything devious in mind, but it's
hard to defend the practice, because it's likely that
only bad things will be done with the title and VIN
plates.

For $150, it's not worth it in my mind.

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com