Re: Tire Recomendations

To: Franck Schroyer <franck@netreach.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire Recomendations
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 17:36:49 -0700 (PDT)
--- Franck Schroyer <franck@netreach.net> wrote:
> I'm new to this list and have a question that I hope
> isn't to terribly basic or has already been
addressed
> numerous time previously.

Yes, it's a constantly recurring topic on this list.
If you search the archives (there's a link at the
bottom of every list email) you will find tons of
posts - probably everything you could ever want to
know.

Someone on here - I believe it might be Kelvin Dodd -
is considering a web page or other document at some
future date that will be the definitive tome on MGB
tire options, but I don't think it has materialized
yet.

Ultimately, ask fifteen people and you'll likely get
as many recommendations.  I think the most popular
size for the MGB is probably 185/70-14, but they do
make the car feel a little "heavier" than the
175R-14's (which are increasingly hard to find).

But check those archives.  There's tons and tons of
emails about this...

Welcome to the list!

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com