Lower Trunnion Seal

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lower Trunnion Seal
From: Dennis Luther <DennisLuther@PrimHall.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 12:56:39 -0400
Fellow MG owners,
        I replaced all my suspension bushings with urethane over the winter
a year ago.  This Spring I looked under the front end and saw that the new
Moss rubber seals on the lower A-arm trunnion bolt had deteriorated to where
they were split in two.  This occurred on both sides.  Moss has sent me new
replacements, but I wondered if anyone else has had anything like this
happen to theirs?  I guess I suspect the quality of the rubber.  I'm also
planning to do a steering boot replacement soon.
        THANKS to all on the list who share their information and
trouble-shooting abilities.  I managed to swap-out the old Z/S for a set of
HS-4's over the winter along with a 3 angle valve seat job and new Delta
cam.  I was a bit concerned about the initial starting/break-in, but it
started right up and ran the elevated RPM for 15-20 min. no problem. After
driving it this Spring, I'm VERY pleased with the change in performance.

Thanks,
Dennis Luther

77 MGB (now with twin HF-4's)