Re: clutch went straight to the floor

To: <rmort@bezeqint.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: clutch went straight to the floor
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 14:27:23 +0100
It's unlikely to be the link between pedal and cylinder as the pedal pushes
on the push (funnily enough) rod via a clevis pin and I doubt the hole in
the pedal has broken.  If the hydraulics were OK and the problem were
mechanical a couple of pumps of the pedal would be enough to push the slave
piston out of the end of its cylinder, so I doubt it is down there unless
you haven't quite pushed it enough times.  Which leaves the piston seal in
the master cylinder.  Just (he says) remove the pedal box and you will be
able to see the linkage which should reveal all.

PaulH.