Re: MGB Slave cylinder - HELP.

To: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Slave cylinder - HELP.
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 21:27:26 -0700 (PDT)
--- Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com> wrote:
> How did you determine it was the slave cylinder in
> the first place?

Yes, good point.  They either go simultaneously or
very close to one another.  I actually have a new
master here too, that I'll put in this weekend, and a
new hose will be here tomorrow AM.  But like I said, I
was in a rush to get to a car show, so I was just
trying to patch it up and get on the road.  But this
problem is unrelated to the original failure, I almost
guarantee it.  This problem has to do with me doing
something wrong during the install.

The old slave was physically leaking.  I could see the
fluid coming out of it.  But it still worked, it just
leaked.  I could keep topping up the reservoir and the
clutch worked fine.  It needed to be bled, but it
worked.

Now I have nothing.  No pressure at all.

I guess if there's no real reason why it shouldn't be
working, I'll just take it all off and do it all from
scratch tomorrow, when I can use the new hose.

It's just frustrating me right now, and I hate not
knowing what I did wrong.

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005