Re: Use of ATF in place of Dashpot oil in Z-S carb.

To: <Aeseeyou@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Use of ATF in place of Dashpot oil in Z-S carb.
From: "Mike Janacek" <mjanacek@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 15:46:10 -0400
ATF should work fine. I used Marvel Mystery Oil in my ZS for over a year and
now have been using it in the SU's for over two years, year round.
One note though. If your dampner chamber was empty it probably indicates the
O-ring at the bottom is worn/cut and leaking. The fix is not too difficult.
Check the archives or I can post the repair.
Mike
'79B