Re: carb oil

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <duvallcom@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: carb oil
From: "Don Vierling" <Don.Vierling@stago-us.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 09:38:59 -0400
I failed to mention in my previous post that the TD owner who called Car
Talk (NPR) last week didn't even know there was supposed to be oil in
the carbs.  (He was a relatively new owner of the car.)  Click and Clack
chided him for not knowing more about the car since he and his wife had
already driven it on several thousand mile trips all over Colorado.  (I
mean, an MG is not exactly something you hop into for a long trip
without some inkling as to how it works...)

Anyway, I'd just like to say it's a good thing we have "the list" as a
resource to pass on helpful information to each other.  Everyone have a
good holiday weekend and please drive safely!  "Safety Fast!"

Thanks!
Donny V
1978 MGB

>>> Mike Duvall duvallcom@sbcglobal.net> 5/28/2004 2:28:50 AM >>

I'm always running into people who say the used to own an MG but they
could never get it to run right. I had one guy tell me he adjusted and

adjusted the carbs and never could get them right. The manual says not

to fiddle with the carbs. My guess is people would never put oil in
their carbs.....any oil is better than none at all!

Mike
50 MGTD, 59 MGA, 65 MGB