Re: engine on the radio

To: "WESLEY SMITH" <wes-smith@msn.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: engine on the radio
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 16:29:25 +0100
Resistor leads, first carbon string then silicone cored which are much more
consistent over time, replaced copper leads and resistive caps, the two
(resistive leads and resistive caps) should not be used together.  Resistor
plugs were developed to prevent RFI which can effect electronics more than
radios, but there is no harm in using them.  Coil suppressors can be fitted
to the 12v supply lead regardless of polarity, which would be the SW lead on
originally positive ground cars and the +ve terminal on negative ground
cars, but mine doesn't have one and I get no noise.  Poor aerial connections
and grounding can also cause interference.

PaulH.