Re: TCSA & Vacuum advance woes

To: <MGBnutt@aol.com>, <sgorr2@comcast.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TCSA & Vacuum advance woes
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 16:23:20 +0100
As I mentioned before the solenoid closes off the port from the manifold but
opens the port from the distributor to atmosphere to allow any existing vacuum
in the capsule to dissipate.  Bypassing the solenoid will give you better
cruising economy in 3rd, if you travel in heavy traffic or very twisty bits
frequently for example, but then you may get the surging that Clausager
mentions and will be most noticeable in 1st and 2nd.

PaulH.