Re: TCSA & Vacuum advance woes

To: <MGBnutt@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>, <sgorr2@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: TCSA & Vacuum advance woes
From: "Don Vierling" <Don.Vierling@stago-us.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 11:41:56 -0400
Steve,
Oh, that's my fault for not looking at the actual solenoid before
writing my post.  So the top port goes to the manifold and the
horizontal port goes to the distribuotor?  I guess that's what i need to
know.

Thanks so much!
donny v
78 MGB

>>> "Steve Gorr" <sgorr2@comcast.net> 6/9/2004 12:28:49 AM >>>

My TCSA has 2 ports 1 vertical and the other horizontal pointing toward
the
front. The horizontal port is vented out the bottom of the solenoid
when not
actuated and connects to the distributor. The top port is connected to
manifold vacuum. What was happening was that, when the lines were
reversed,
vacuum would build in the advance line and not vent, keeping the spark
advanced and idle high. The other line would have been a vacuum leak,
but
the "natural richness" inherent in the ZS carb masked any lean running
problems. When I corrected the lines, the idle did drop about 50 rpm
and
doesn't bump up to 1200 after running in 4th and coming to idle.