more wrenching this past weekend

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: more wrenching this past weekend
From: "Don Vierling" <Don.Vierling@stago-us.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:05:30 -0400
OK, I managed to get a bit more accomplished yesterday.  I finally
snaked my manual choke cable through the rheostat hole in the dash and
then through the large rubber plug in the firewall as a few listers had
suggested (THANKS!).  This is much more convenient than leaving the
choke cable just lying around in the engine compartment.

I also drilled and tapped two holes in my repaired rheostat to hold the
back cover on and then tie-wrapped it up under the dash.  I was going to
leave the rheostat in the dash and fabricate a bracket for the choke,
but I was in too big a hurry.  Besides, I never use the rheostat anyway
and now the choke mounting looks "stock".

I also installed my new temperature sender and now the temp gauge
works!  BTW - The new (machined out of brass) sender seemed like a much
better quality unit compared to the older (steel pressed into aluminum?)
unit it replaced.

So, still left to do:  Lower A-arm bushings, oil cooler, vacuum advance
hose(s), front discs, fuel pump, stainless brake lines.  Hope they rest
of you had productive weekends too!

Donny V
78 MGB