O-Series Engine

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: O-Series Engine
From: Ruggiero Larry Lt Col AFRC/XPXS <Larry.Ruggiero@AFRC.AF.MIL>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:42:21 -0400
Hey Gang--

Has anyone heard of one of the Leyland O-series engined (overhead cam, fuel
injected) MGB test "mule" cars being here in the States? A friend of mine
saw it at the Salt Lake Brit Car Day show a couple weeks ago and chatted
with its owner, who got it from some type of estate sale. Appears to be a
pretty original '77 MGB roadster, and the engine and its ancillaries fit
like they belong there.  Apparently there were a few floating around
Abingdon before the project was killed. A gentleman in Salt Lake put pics up
on his website, which I'll pass along when I can re-locate it.

Larry Ruggiero, '72 MGB teal blue roadster
Warner Robins, GA