Porterfield brake pads

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Porterfield brake pads
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 09:14:31 -0700 (PDT)
I need new brake pads for my 1971 MGB, and I am
considering the Porterfield RS-4 compound, which is
their "fast street/autocross" compound.  My question
is this:

Their online application chart lists the '62-'80 MGB
pads for $119, but they also list the '73-'75 MGB GT
V8 pads for $149.  It's my understanding that the V8
pads are larger, but will fit fine in my stock MGB
calipers.  Is that correct?

If so, I guess I'll go that route, but if anyone has
any better options, let me know.  My car gets both
street and occasional track use.

Thanks in advance,

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com