RE: Alternatives to de-smogging

To: "'Charles & Peggy Robinson'" <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: RE: Alternatives to de-smogging
From: "Stephen West-Fisher" <steve@coastaldatasystems.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 10:58:08 -0400
Sure, from a colleague who drives one. And then from the web:

Scott's TDI page (http://www.stealthtdi.com):
"Although I'm a bit of a leadfoot, my lifetime average economy over
165,000-miles is over 43-mpg.  I can get over 50-mpg simply by DRIVING THE
SPEED LIMIT.  My best tank without AC is 802-miles on 14.58-gallons,
yielding 55-mpg."

Popular Science:
"Best Station Wagon: VW Jetta TDI, 50 mpg hwy. (EPA) Turbochargers use the
diesel engine's exhaust gases to pump extra power without sacrificing fuel
economy." (And I wasn't talking about a station wagon)

Canadian Driver:
"The diesel-powered Jetta Wagon TDI's fuel consumption figures of 5.6 litres
per 100 km (50 mpg) in the city and 4.4 l/100 km (64 mpg) on the highway are
exceptional"

Just chuck in "jetta tdi mph" in a search engine.

Since I don't propose putting a VW TDI in my MGB, I think we are getting a
little far afield for the list, so I do propose letting the off topic
discussion die.