RE: HELP! Cylinder Head Question.

To: "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: HELP! Cylinder Head Question.
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@intergate.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:50:23 -0500
I got my new head back from the machine shop Friday.  Pulled the old one off
today.  Started reassembling so that I could drive to work tomorrow and I
have a problem....  My car is 1978 MGB

The holes on the two heads do not match.  Supposedly they are both off a '78
'B  However they must not be.  I have pictures posted here:

http://www.bmiller.com/images/newhead.jpg
http://www.bmiller.com/images/oldhead.jpg
http://www.bmiller.com/images/compare.jpg
http://www.bmiller.com/images/block.jpg

Which head is not a '78 and more importantly, can I use this head?  Why and
what are the differences in these holes?

Guess I'm not driving her to work in the morning....  :(

Thanks in advance.
Bill

Headless 1978 MGB