Re: Crank Shaft Pulley, Clutch plumbing, Engine Paint

To: jasonspaeth@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Crank Shaft Pulley, Clutch plumbing, Engine Paint
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:36:43 -0400
Hi Jason,
   I don't know about the rubber ring on crankshaft pulley.
  Are you sure you want to switch to silicone?  I did, 20 years ago, into
my TD, but it seemed at the time to have a number of real advantages over
DOT 3 and 4 fluids.   I'm not so sure that the advantages are all that
great these days, and with White Post recommending that it not be used, I
would not do so again.
  Yes, the fluids can be used interchangeably.  You must get out all the
old fluid, clean everything well (preferably replacing all rubber bits
and the hoses) and silicone will work fine.
   Moss engine red paint, about five years old, is holding up well on my
engine. It was applied without primer.
Bob