Re: Value: Midget vs. B

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Value: Midget vs. B
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 13:26:35 -0500
    As some on the list may remember I had a '76 1500 Midget that I
bought for Peg to run around town in.  It was a clean little car that
had a bunch of little things wrong mechanically, lots of them because it
had been DPO'd to death, so I got it for a song.  After I got it
straightened out and put new tires on it, I told Peg, "Their it is, honey."

    Would you believe she didn't like it?  She said she couldn't see out
of it, by the time she had the seat forward enough so that she could
reach the pedals the wheel was in her tummy and it was a PITA to get in
and out of it.  Peg is only 5'- 1" tall.  I'm only 5'- 7" and I thought
it was a PITA for me to get in and out of.

    I sold it at a profit to a family whose daughter was going away to
college.  Later, I ran into the guy who bought it.  He said his wife
loved that Midget and the daughter didn't.  The wife was driving it
daily. He was looking for another car for the daughter.

   Now, that woman was maybe 5'- 5", the daughter about the same. We have
guys in the club who are big dudes and they drive Midgets. It's
obviously a very subjective thing.  Maybe longer legs are better for a
relaxed driving position and ease of entry becaust the seat's back
further from the wheel.  Beats me.  I prefer the B.

    Cheers,

     CR