Re: Backfiring question

To: Scott Regel <Scott.Regel@dpra.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Backfiring question
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 21:12:13 +0200
Hi Scott,

Had this on my GT before and still sometimes.
Get those carbs a bit richer and it should be o.k.
This provided the other setups are fine like valves and ignition.

How the know it backfires in the carb - I feel this at the throttle pedal.
Also the sound defintively comes from the engine bay.

When I started the engine 1st time after restoring the car it had be still
for 10 years.
So all carb settings were basic.
Engine was running and all family members came to see where this noise came
from.
That at a sudden a big backfire came from the open carb - family members
were gone instantly - flame of  several inches and the bang made them
scared.

Cheers,

Hans '71 BGT