Re: Re installing carburetors

To: "John Di Fede" <difejo@optonline.net>,
Subject: Re: Re installing carburetors
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:49:36 +0100
None needed as the surfaces are usually good enough, the gasket wide enough
and thick enough, and the stresses low enough not to need it.  I don't
suppose a smear would do any harm though, and I would use something like
Hermetite Red (if that is OK for fuel) rather than a silicone.  I find that
unless you can apply and bolt up a joint with silicone sealant in
short-order it skins very rapidly which means it can actually make things
worse, some skin faster than others.

Gasket remover, although silicone usually rubs off.

PaulH.