Re: Wishbone Pivot Shaft

To: "Jason Spaeth" <jasonspaeth@hotmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wishbone Pivot Shaft
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:02:39 +0100
Not worth it, just file off any crusting to allow the bushes to slide on and
grease them with copper grease.  If you use V8 bushes, as probably everyone
does now, the bushes are clamped between the flange on the pivot shaft and
the retaining washer and nut and so don't rotate on the shaft anyway.  It is
for this reason that the nuts on the pivot shaft must not be tightened until
the full weight of the car is on its wheels, so as to centralise the bush.

PaulH.