Speedo Right Angle Drive

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Speedo Right Angle Drive
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 18:02:18 EDT
Here's a question - is there such a thing as lubricating these and if so,
how.

I suppose you can try and get some oil to seep in from either end, or  remove
the screw, (that holds the spigot that goes into the trans, as I recall,  and
isn't simply a lubrication port, but it's been MANY years since I've had one
apart) and get some oil in that way.

We've been driving SWMBO's MGC without speedo, and I finally got around to
diagnosing it - drive car, inner cable doesn't move. Pull cable out from speedo
 end - whole thing comes out including square at end, so no break.

Reluctantly reach under car - finger goes right into right angle drive -
which presumably jammed and popped the welch plug right out.

Dig around garage (you have NO idea what that entails) and actually find
good used drive - which prompts my question.

Bill