TR8 4 sale

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR8 4 sale
From: "DON SCOTT" <rowdon@sonoma-county.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 09:34:58 -0700
Apologies to the list if promoting a Triumph on the MG list
is a faux pas.  I'm  a long-time British car guy- bought an
Anglia in 1966, an MGA in 1967 and so on.  I've owned this
TR8 for five years and I am moving on to other cars.  The
TR8 was one of the last gasps of British Leyland to produce
a sports car that could compete with the Japanese or the
Corvette.
For Sale:

1980 TR8 w/ twin Strombergs.  5-speed, 18,000 miles;
original except for brakes, shocks, struts and tires.  I
installed new rotors and new rear slave cylinders last year
along with new pads and shoes.

Put in new KYB shocks and struts.  Five new Dunlop tyres
were installed because the original tires were developing
bubbles in the sidewalls.  The top is original and still
looks nice, and the paint still looks very good.  It's
poseiden green with tan interior.  The interior looks like
new.  Original AM-FM radio that works.  AC does not work,
nor does the temp gauge.  It has a pre-oiler device that
circulates oil so that when starting the car after it's been
sitting for a long time, you have oil pressure.  Other
unoriginal feature- prior owner had the bumpers
professionally painted
with a gloss finish.  I've sorted out most of its problems
in the five years I've owned it.  Like me, the prior owner
kept it indoors and drove it rarely.  I'm selling it because
I only drove it 2,000 miles in the five years I've owned
it.
$9,800/offer.
A photo can be seen on Sports Car Market magazine site:
http://www.sportscarmarket.com/classifieds/index.php

Don Scott
Calistoga, CA (Napa Valley, near San Francisco)
707-942-0546